Researcher at the Laboratory since March 11, 2002
Permanent places of employment:
- Independent University of Moscow
- Institute for Problems in Mechanics (RAS)
Current research interests:
Algorithmic problems in low-dimensional topology, knot theory, analysis
on manifolds with singularities.
Seminars (partial list)
- February 11, 2003 "Undecidable problems in low-dimensional
topology" (M.M. Postnikov seminar) Moscow.
- March 28, 2003 "Viro-Turaev invariants folloroing Matveev"
(Natanzon-Sheinman-Schwartzman seminar), Moscow.
- April 23, 2003 "Topological obstructions to the
existence of approximate solutions to PDE". (Conference
"PDE and applications") Moscow.
- July 23, 2003 "Singular minimal surfaces" (Conference
"Contemporary Mathematics"), Dubna.
- December 16, 2003 "Cliché grammars and their computer
implementation" (E.Kozerenko seminar: "Applied linguistics and
information technologies"), Moscow
- January 21, 2004 "L'hypothèese de Poincaré
serait-elle fausse?" (École
Normale Supérieure de Lyon)
- January 26, 2004 "L'hypothèese de Poincaré
serait-elle fausse?" (Université
- February 24, 2004 "Embeddings of 2-polyhedra and the
Poincaré conjecture" (M.M.Postnikov Seminar)
Seminars, Conferences and Trips Abroad in 2003
- Paris, Lyon, France (Visits to CNRS laboratories and CNRS
directorate) June 18-24, 2003
- Naples, Italy (Conference "Current Geometry") June 25-28, 2003
Some recent publications
- Knots, links, braids and three-dimensional manifolds,
Moscow, 1997 (in Russian, jointly with V.Prasolov), 352
- Knots, links, braids and $3$-manifolds, American
Mathematical Society, Providence RI, 1997
(jointly with V.Prasolov).
- Noeuds, genèse d'une théorie mathématique.
Éditions du Seuil, Paris, 1999, 151 pages.
- Smooth Manifolds and Observables [in Russian]
MCCME Publ., Moscow, 2000 (jointly with M.Vinogradov,
A.Astashov, et al.).
- Simply connected 3-manifolds and undecidable problems
theory, Russian J. Math. Physics, vol.7, no.2, 2000.
- Smooth Manifolds and Observables
Springer, Berlin 2002 (jointly with M.Vinogradov,
A.Astashov, et al.).
- Knots, Mathematics with a twist.
Harvard University Press, Boston, 2002, 127 pages
(This book has also been translated into Italian, German,
- L'Université indépendante de Moscou et
le Laboratoire Franco-Russe de mathématiques
(jointly with M.Tsfasman)
Gazette des mathématiciens, No.95, Janvier 2003.