at the Laboratory since November 2006
Permanent place of employment:
Independent University of Moscow
Current research interests:
Dequantization, idempotent and tropical mathematics, functional
analysis, representation theory, rational approximations, numerical
and interval analysis, computer technologies.
Colloquium and Conference lectures (partial list)
- Nov. 2005 International University Bremen (Bremen, Germany)
- Feb. 2005 International Conference "Topology, Analysis,
and Applications in Mathematical Physics", Moscow State
University, (Moscow, Russsia); invited speaker
- July 2004 Max Planck Institute for Mathematics (Bonn, Germany)
- July 2004 Bonn University Institute for Applied Mathematics
- June 2004 International Conference "Representation theory, Dynamical
Systems, and Asymptotic Combinatorics", Euler International
Mathematical Institute" (St. Petersburg, Russia); invited speaker
- April 2004 Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic)
- March 2004 International Conference "Geometry and Combinatorics in Physics",
Independent University of Moscow (Moscow, Russia); invited speaker
- March 2004 Moscow State University, Dept. Math. (Moscow, Russia)
- Feb. 2004 International 25th Linz Seminar on Fuzzy Set Theory", Linz
University (Linz, Austria); invited main speaker
- Jan. 2004 International Conference "Kantorovich Memorial. Mathematics and
Economics: Old problems and new approaches", Euler International
Mathematical Institute (St. Petersburg, Russia); invited speaker
- Oct. 2003 International Workshop "Amoebas and Tropical Geometry",
American Institute of Mathematics, Palo Alto (California, USA);
- Oct. University of California in San Diego (San Diego, USA)
- July 2003 International Workshop on Max-algebra, University of Birmingham,
(Birmingham, England); invited speaker
- March 2003 Steklov Mathematical Institute of the Russian Acad. Sci.,
St. Petersburg division (Petersburg, Russia)
- March 2003 Institute for Theoretical and Experimental Physics (Moscow)
- Feb. 2003 International Workshop "Idempotent Mathematics and Mathematical
Physics", Erwin Schroedinger International Institute for mathematical
Physics (Vienna, Austria); organizer and invited speaker
Recent visiting position
September 2005 - June 2006, Visiting professor of mathematics,
International University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Some recent publications (partial list)
- Dequantization of mathematics, Globus: general-mathematical seminar, vol. 4,
MCCME Publ., in press (in Russian).
- Kernel theorems and nuclearity in idempotent mathematics. An algebraic
approach, Zapiski Nauchnykh Seminarov POMI, vol. 331, 2006, 60--83 (in
Russian, jointly with G.B. Shpiz). English version in J. Math. Sci,
Vol. 139, #3, 2006. E-print arXiv:math.FA/0609033.
- The Maslov dequantization, idempotent and tropical mathematics. A brief
introduction. Zapiski Nauchnykh Seminarov POMI, vol.326, 145--182
(in Russian). English version in J. Math. Sci. E-print arXiv:math.
- Dequantization of mathematics and representations of groups, Vestnik
Tambovskogo Universiteta, ser. Estestv. i tekhn. nauki, Vol. 10, #4, 2005,
390--411 (in Russian, jointly with G.B. Shpiz).
- Idempotent Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Contemporary Mathematics,
Vol. 377. Amer. Math. Soc. Publ., Providence, Rhode Island, 2005 (jointly
with V.P. Maslov, eds.).
- The dequantization transform and generalized Newton polytopes. --In: ,
p. 181--186 (jointly with G.B. Shpiz). E-print arXiv:math.GM/0501038.
- Error autocorrection in rational approximation and interval estimates,
Central European Journal of Mathematics, Vol.1, #1, 2003. E-print.
- Nondigital implementations of the arithmetic of real numbers by means of
quantum computer media, Matem. Zametki, Vol. 70, #1, 2001, 59--67 (in
Russian, jointly with V.P. Maslov and G.B. Shpiz). English version in
Mathematical Notes, Vol. 70, #1, 2001, 53--60. E-print arXiv: